Monday, July 23, 2007

When everything seems against you front and side...

Today, I just got a feeling that everything against me. I have been planning to take my IELTS prep-class today. Well, it supposed to be today (Monday, July 23, 2007) but the officer of “the foundation” –who claimed itself as the best English foundation here- called me on last Friday and told me that the class will be postponed till July 30,2007. The reason is that they haven’t got 15 students yet (basic requirement in commencing a class is 15 registered students or the class is cancelled). Then she said lightly, we only have 10 students who already registered and if we still couldn’t find another 5 students then we cancelled the class.
Wow…wait a minute lady, you absolutely can’t do this to me… I told her that the class should go on no matter what since only them who have this IELTS prep-class (heeyyy….the other English foundation in Bali! Do you understand for what I am writing down here?? It’s a business opportunity for you!! Let’s make IELTS prep-class!) and I have no choice to go to prepare my upcoming IELTS test somewhere else. She mumbled something that I hardly understand then I came directly to the new campus of “the foundation”, spoke briefly about the situation and gave them an idea that if only they just managed to find less than 15 students, they just simply need to raise the tuition instead of cancel the class and disappointing people who are looking dearly for the class like, for instance, me.
The other effect is, I need to re-schedule my work plan in my office. I supposed to visit my clients in Timor Leste and with this event, I should change it like it or not. Deadlines are facing from up and front. Only God knows what my boss going to say about this. Been postponed this visit for the I-don’t-know-for-how-many times.
One thing that I couldn’t understand, how could a big foundation plus they also claimed themselves as the best one, run their business like that? Are they that smug to think as they are the one and only? I hate to admit this, but so far yes, they have no competitor that provides IELTS prep-class. I am so devastated. *Sighhhhh*
Be patient. That’s surely do

No comments: